FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to participate in American Forces Travel?
A. Currently, all active-duty military, retirees, Reserve and National Guard, retired military, OCONUS civilians and eligible family members are eligible to participate. The program directors are working to include CONUS civilians and veterans.
2. What travel products will be offered when American Forces Travel is operational? When is the anticipated start date?
A. Airline, hotel, rental car and cruise services will be part of the initial offerings. Other products will be added as the program grows and advances. The program held a soft launch on Nov. 1, 2018, and will go live on Jan. 22, 2019
3. How does the validation process work to determine patron eligibility?
A. Patron eligibility will be validated through the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
4. If there is a problem with validation, or an eligible patron is denied access, who does the patron contact?
A. The initial online registration process will provide specific instructions and contact information to eligible patrons who are incorrectly denied access.
5. Will there be one website for everybody to access or will each service have a unique website?
A. There is a single online MWR leisure travel portal for all patrons, www.amercainforcestravel.com.
6. Will there be 24/7 travel agent support for customers during the booking process and continued support during the customer travel process in case problems arise with reservations during the trip?
A. Customer service agents will be available 24/7, both during and after the booking process.
7. Will American Forces Travel offer airline tickets that originate outside of the U.S. or those that are completely overseas?
8. Will travel insurance be offered that covers military trip change contingencies?
A. Travel insurance is available for purchase with Allianz.
9. Is American Forces Travel going to be available in all countries.
10. Does American Forces Travel offer a “best value guaranteed” feature?
A. PPN offers a “best value guaranteed” policy that is comparable to other industry providers.
11. Will American Forces Travel be available for booking official travel, as an alternate for Defense Travel Service (DTS)?
A. This program is not a substitute for, nor is in any way related to, the DTS.